Mechanical Engineer to Varex Imaging
Ingenjör inom maskinteknik
21 Oct 2022
Varex Imaging, headquartered in Salt Lake City, USA, is a leading innovator, developer, and manufacturer of X-ray imaging component solutions, which includes X-ray tubes, digital flat panel detectors, software, and other key components of X-ray imaging systems. With a 70+ year history of successful innovation, you will find our components in numerous medical, industrial, and security imaging applications worldwide. Across the world around 2300 employees are committed to support our mission making the invisible visible.
Our European photon counting X-ray experts, Direct Conversion (directconversion.com), are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who wants to join our dynamic business, working at the forefront of this advanced X-ray technology.
Are you ready to help us making the invisible visible?
As a member of our small but talented and highly motivated team you would be responsible for designing products fitting the need of Photon Counting detectors where precision for electronic performance and thermal stability are key. Our portfolio covers products including full-custom ASIC’s, FPGAs, embedded processors, high speed interfaces, analogue signal processing and power conversion.
- Designing X-Ray detectors for Industrial and Medical applications, new and existing designs.
- Designing production and test tools in collaboration with R&D and Manufacturing Engineers
- Verify mechanic designs in the lab for first prototype
- Support production introduction and manage documentation
- Source for design, supplier contact for development purposes
- Mechanical Engineer or equivalent experience. Minimum 3 years of experience in the relevant field,
- Experience of system design
- DFA/DFM (Design for Assembly/Design for Manufacturing)
- MBD design (Model-Based Definition)
- Hands on problem solving and prototype work in small team
- Ability to work self-managed and collaborate cross site
Experiences we Desire:
- Experience from SolidWorks
- Thermal simulation experience is a plus
- Skilled in hands on design,
- PDM system experience
- Good communication skills in English
- We offer a unique opportunity to grow as an expert in the x-ray imaging field with a team in which every person makes a difference
- Opportunity to learn about the complete product and see your design in a product during a short time cycle.
- An international working environment in a committed and motivated team
- Flat hierarchies
- Individual training and development opportunities
- An attractive compensation package including the participation in our Bonus Plan
- Flexibility with remote work possibility
- Additional benefits as per location such as health insurance service, annual fitness/culture voucher, a company mobile phone etc.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of R&D. The job entails working for clients that are based abroad and as such, some foreign travel will be necessary.
If you have ambition and motivation to take more responsibility in mechanics design and like to work closely with electronics design and X-ray physicists, we can provide you the challenges you’re looking for. To be successful in this position you need to be self-driven, communicative, and curious to learn.
The position is permanent, located in Danderyd Sweden and employment can start immediately, or as soon as a suitable candidate is found. In this recruitment, we collaborate with Nexer Recruit. If you want to know more, contact recruitment consultant Mats Larsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile (0) 70-3014374. Welcome with your application at www.nexerrecruit.se/jobb. As selection and interviews take place on an ongoing basis, we ask you to send your application as soon as possible.