Default Column title
Network Architect for Industrial ILAN (IT/OT) to Scania
31 Mar 2023
Scania is currently undergoing an exciting transformation from a traditional truck and bus manufacturer to a provider of complete sustainable transport solutions. Battery electric drivetrains, autonomous driving, 5G, IoT technologies, and Industry 4.0 are disrupting our industry and we rise to the challenge. IT is a crucial part of this transformation as Scania’s success is depending on flexible and efficient IT solutions that support current and future business requirements.
The world of transport and logistics is rapidly transforming into a sustainable ecosystem and at Scania, we are facing the biggest shift in our history. Our target is to take a leading role by introducing new tailor-made products, services, and sustainable transport solutions.
You will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and expertise by analyzing and reviewing existing architecture and driving these to more robust and up-to-day solutions according to our strategy. In this role, you will also be proactively participating in projects and initiatives delivering solutions to Scania’s business. You will also be involved in cases of complex operational challenges and providing support to internal and external customers. Does this sound like YOU? Then join us and let’s shape Scania’s future together.
As a Network Architect ILAN, you will belong to a like-minded group consisting of senior Network Security specialists in different competence, technicians (WIFI, LAN, OT, etc), an Architect, a Product owner, and a manager and together we ensure that the solutions are resilient and allow for change, evolution, and scale since you will be part of ongoing and new projects and become involved in the IT architecture for global infrastructure.
As a daily part of your responsibilities:
- You will work with global IT solutions within Scania's Infrastructure team.
- Drive and develop the IT network architecture for the production area together with your team.
- Ensure new and old functions are in compliance with company-wide architectural principles and guidelines on standards in technical architecture.
- Lead architecture work in ongoing projects and line organization initiatives interacting with key business and IT stakeholders.
- Participate and contribute to discussions and introductions of new techniques and trends in the Scania IT landscape.
- Solve network connection to our factories that have AGVs.
- Be our expert consultant where it’s important to answer specific suppliers’ questions on how to connect devices in production to the corporate LAN and WIFI.
- Close dialog with our production facilities when setting up new factories.
As a Network Architect with experience in infrastructure (IT/OT), you have the ability to see the holistic view along with a good visualization and develop sustainable technology solutions that meet business requirements in accordance with Scania IT's guidelines and technical platforms. In the Network Architect role, it is important to be able to produce different design documents on different levels and to present and write technical documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
As a person, we value that you are a self-starter, team player, and multi-tasker who can manage several assignments ongoing. You value collaborations and have strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to present solutions to Senior Management.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE, WE ALSO SEE THAT YOU HAVE:
- A couple of years of experience in a similar role working in ILAN (IT/OT), Smart factory, and Industry 0.4.
- Solid experience in infrastructure to understand different infrastructure solutions and protocols such as ISE, WiFi solutions, NAC, LAN, VLAN, VRF, Routing, DNS, DHCP, TCP, and UDP.
- Having the ability to develop sustainable solutions and good knowledge of surrounding infrastructure like AD, firewall, server on-premise, and cloud solutions is essential.
- Experience in large-sized environments where you had a complex global network set up and used to work Cross-functionally.
- Interest and experience working with agile methods.
- Excellent communication skills in English in both speaking and writing.
To succeed in our mission we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. Our group is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Besides amazing colleagues, we offer you remarkable development opportunities while working in a team, that takes having fun seriously. The people who work here are our most important assets, so we will invest in you to help you grow with us.
As a Scania employee, you are offered several benefits in addition to personal and professional development opportunities. These benefits include PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT from day 1 (no probation period!!), performance bonuses, leasing a company car, an occupational pension plan, privet health insurance, lunch at reduced prices, flexible working hours which support work-life balance, and much more. Scania also has a flexible view and approach to the working place and focuses more on achievements. We also offer a direct bus from central Stockholm to Södertälje with Scania Job Express.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
We are collaborating with Nexer Recruit regarding this recruitment. Please contact recruitment consultant Nada Elnimr at Nada.firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +47703015680 should you want to learn more about the position. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
SCANIA AS AN EMPLOYER
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions, including trucks and buses for heavy transport applications combined with an extensive product-related service offering. Scania offers vehicle financing, insurance, and rental services to enable our customers to focus on their core business. Scania is also a leading provider of industrial and marine engines. In 2021, we delivered 85,930 trucks, 4,436 buses as well as 11,786 industrial and marine engines to our customers. Net sales totaled over SEK 146 billion, of which about 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 54,000 people. Research and development are concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India.