Chapter Lead Mobile/XR to Volvo Group Digital & IT
Chefer och verksamhetsledare
12 Apr 2022
Lead the brightest brains to make a brighter world
If you’re a passionate, progressive Mobile/XR expert, come and lead some of the brightest people as they search for solutions to enable a smarter, safer and more sustainable transport and infrastructure industry. At Volvo Group the future’s not just bright, it’s circular. Join us and be part of a global and diverse team with the power to reshape our industry. That way you’ll have a great time at work – and so will your grandkids.
We are experiencing the greatest shift in the history of transport and infrastructure. Tomorrow’s vehicles and construction equipment are electric, connected and autonomous, increasing safety and reducing environmental impact. With more than 1 million connected vehicles, Volvo Group is at the forefront of this evolution. Our ambition for 2030 is to be 100% safe, fossil-free and more productive, and to have 50% of revenues coming from areas other than our physical products. The shift is here, are you in?
Drive our digital transformation
We are on an exciting journey within Volvo Group Digital & IT. Digital Delivery is a new function within the Volvo Group Digital & IT that aims to identify and execute on new digital initiatives and modernize existing solutions across the Volvo Group brands. With a new product-centric operating model and modern technology architecture we create digital products that are profitable, scalable and differentiated. We use a cross functional approach to work on product design and deliveries that improves business performance and creates value for the entire Volvo Group. Here you will lead a team of software engineers who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead.
What you will do
As Chapter Lead Mobile/XR you are a technically skilled domain expert with the additional responsibility as line manager. You will contribute to common ways of working across the Mobile/XR Chapter through methods and best practices according to standards, technologies, and trends. Your main responsibility will be to lead and manage a team of Mobile/XR engineers at your location.
You will work closely with stakeholders across the Volvo Group to be in line with changing business needs. You will create the right environment for your team members to develop competencies and skills, coach people, fostering an outside-in view and leveraging the network across the group.
- Lead, develop and attract a team of talented Mobile/XR engineers, supporting their personal growth and challenges on assignments
- Develop and execute the competence strategy for Mobile/XR engineers within your team, meeting with chapter members to discuss and drive excellence in areas such as best practices, frameworks and tools
- Manage capacity planning, ensuring short and long-term competence and capacity of the Mobile/XR software engineers
- Secure external input and best practice sharing in the community
- Secure agile ways of working
- Be involved in day-to-day working in delivery or product teams or contributing to an assignment
- Balance your time between line manager and team member
You will be part of the Mobile/XR Leadership Team and report to the Head of Mobile/XR Chapter.
Who are you?
You are a passionate, professional and progressive leader with eyes on the horizon and feet on the ground. You enjoy building and motivating high performing teams and actively participating in strategy and execution. You create commitment around a shared vision and objectives and act as a role model for leaders and individual engineers as we develop the Mobile/XR domain and community.
You need to have several years of experience as a practitioner (mobile development iOS or/and Android) and be a technical expert in the Mobile/XR domain. That includes to be highly skilled in iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation and to have knowledge of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines. Furthermore, knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes and knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks. Demonstrated leadership qualities to coach people or a few years´ experience of leading people, preferably in the Mobile/XR domain is also crucial. Working with agile methodologies comes naturally to you.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS/Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning, and knowledge how to develop and maintain applications based on virtual reality / augmented reality
- Understand the nature of 3D programming, 3D pipeline, asynchronous programming
- Experience with Cloud programming (e.g. Azure, AWS, OpenShift)
- Relevant University degree or similar
- Excellent proficiency in English is a requirement
Location of position
This job position is located in Gothenburg (Sweden) but other locations can be considered if there is a good match between skills and profile requirement. Relocation support can be provided if needed.
Send your application today.
Make sure your time matters. Join us and shape the world into the bright place you want to live in.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We are collaborating with Nexer Recruit regarding this recruitment. Please contact recruitment consultant Artan Bitiqi at email@example.com, or call +46 723 61 28 44 should you want to learn more about the position.
We will assess applications and start the interviews as we receive them during the application process.
Union representatives for Swedish applicants:
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen - Johan Svedberg, +46 31 3222712
Ledarna – Ulrika Holmberg, +46 31 3225071