Solutions Architect to Ewellix
27 Jun 2022
Engineering for the future!
Ewellix is a global innovator and manufacturer of linear motion and actuation solutions used in assembly automation, medical applications and mobile machinery. Formerly part of SKF Group, the Ewellix Group consists of 16 sales units and eight factories. External net sales are approximately 250 EUR million and we employ around 1250 people. Ewellix is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden and is owned by Triton.
Ewellix is now looking for a highly engaged and driven Solution Architect who wants to take lead in managing our integration portfolio and drive technical solutions to optimize our business systems, to bring out the best in the business we develop.
Do you want to be part of our journey?
You will play a central role – in defining technical solutions to support our business development, as part of an IT organization characterized by collaborative and positive climate.
This position works closely with other members of the Business Applications team, external suppliers and internal stakeholders for technical requirements engineering, solution architecture, evaluation of design proposals and actively participating in the implementation of new system solutions.
As part of the system lifecycle management, the Solution Architect acts as the owner and caretaker of Business Applications architecture documentation, solution & technical roadmaps as well as ensuring the on-going architectural governance of the ERP- and related system environments. -
You are expected to take the lead in managing our integration portfolio, consisting of both internal system-to-system communication and EDI transactions with external parties. This requires among other things, the implementation and maintenance of interface standards formats and coordinating with external parties and integration service providers.
As Solution Architect you also ensure that the technical infrastructure used to operate our Business Applications by external sourcing partners/cloud providers is fully aligned with functional requirements and the demands of the organization for availability and performance.
The position is located at the headquarter in Gothenburg, 8 minutes from the Central Station, and you will report to the Group Manager Business Applications.
Regardless of if you are a System Developer ready for a new challenge or a Solution Architect with solid experiences you will get the opportunity to use your collected knowledge to build new solutions.
This position requires a demonstrated ability to strategic and analytical thinking with capability to see the bigger picture. We are looking for someone with a proven track record for being knowledgeable, customer and business driven with excellent skills in building trustworthy relationships.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication skills, broad and deep technical knowledge, high level analytical and modelling capabilities and is eager to combine that with detail-oriented problem analysis whilst driving innovative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
To succeed in this role, you also need to have a strong personal drive and interest in becoming the technical system matter expert for our business systems environment and a humble approach and positive attitude towards people with different skill sets. It is expected that you contribute proactively by identifying and proposing improvement initiatives which will improve both business operations and our system environment.
In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience from configuring and designing ERP solutions (primarily Infor M3) and other related systems such as BI, CRM, EDI/System integration and eCommerce is a must. Understanding and knowledge of applicable methodologies e.g., ITIL, PM3, Togaf, Lean is required.
You´ll be part of the Business Application team and will be working closely with a range of external service providers. Regular travel over multiple continents is to be expected. Our organization communicates in English.
- Master/Bachelor’s degree in Computer science (or equivalent)
- Relevant experience from participating in complex IT change initiatives
- Deep competence in information systems and in-depth knowledge about ERP ecosystem (Infor M3) and related systems
- Experience working from similar position is considered a plus or in roles such as ERP specialist consultant, ERP software developer etc.
- Several years’ work experience, including minimum 5 years of ERP solution design/delivery experience
- Experience in developing integrated system solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure & Cloud-operations
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ROLE EXPECTATIONS
- Act as the technical Business system & integration expert to provide recommendations and design proposals for system configuration/development design/architecture and interfaces
- Expected to understand all solution components and how they inter-operate to support business processes and management information needs.
- Responsible for identifying and incorporating technical requirements needed to fulfill functional requirements of new demands, in alignment with long term system architecture plan
- Assist in technology/vendor evaluation for analyzing best fit and function in partnership with the broader IT-team
- When needed, performing alternatives analysis and market research studies that provide data which aid in the selection of tools, technologies, solutions, and methodologies
- Take lead in problem solving processes for complex issues related to the broader system environment. Support co-workers in general technical problem-solving activities.
- Assessing risk factors and limitations of current systems identifying areas of opportunity for improving both the functional experience and system performance.
- Integrating security as a part of solution design by establishing technological approaches to align with regulatory, internal and customer information security requirements
- Design, development & maintenance of Business applications & Integration architecture models and system environment documentation
- Evolve the architecture roadmap, in line with changing technologies and trends and in alignment with the broader Business applications development roadmap
- Providing benefits, cost, resource, technology, and return on investment estimates for proposed solutions.
- Responsible for interface and integration strategies with external systems and processes, including determining, understanding, and maintaining solution documentation for those interfaces.
- Primary contact for internal & external integration stakeholders/vendors to drive and provide support for design & solution deployment of system integrations and EDI connections
- Responsible for technical coordination with system hosting providers and planning of patches and changes to the ERP suite of applications
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
We are collaborating with Nexer Recruit regarding this recruitment. Please contact recruitment consultant Rebecca Oldenfeldt at email@example.com or call +46 70 301 32 98 if you want to learn more about the position. We are looking forward to hearing from you!