Manager System Software to Emerson
Systemerare och programmerare
23 Nov 2022
Do you want to play a central role in the development of our next generation products? Can you guide and inspire a team of software developers? Then we have the perfect position for you!
As a Manager System Software, you will lead a team of software developers working in a Scrum environment, where the development is focused on developing and building products using Microsoft Windows and Linux platforms, on-premise as well as in cloud solutions.
The products developed is used in a operational 7/24/365 work environment and have a typical front-end – backend structure where Human Centered Design/UX as well as network/databases/communication interfaces plays a central role.
- Coaching, motivating and empowering the team in their activities securing safe working environment and promoting a healthy work-life balance
- Supporting the removal of impediments to make team’s and individual’s work efficient
- Responsible for the individual’s career and competence development, performance appraisals and wage revisions.
- Participating in recruitment of new employees as well as external consultants
- Participation in selection of suppliers and setup of supplier agreements
- Participating in technical reviews including requirements, system- and software architecture and design
- Participate in the resource planning, departments’ budget process and manage the approved team budget.
- Participating in the creation of goals and improvement plans for E&D department, specifically in the area of System Software
- Coordinate and seek synergies within Emerson through global forums and through peer contacts.
- Lead and support improvement work for processes, procedures, tools, facilities, role descriptions, etc. that are needed to secure effective and quality secured product development
To be successful in this role we believe you have a software development background and you are probably a team leader or manager for a software development team.
You are passionate about new technology and how software can be used to provide innovative solutions for end users.
You enjoy working with people, communication and collaboration comes natural for you, where you inspire people around you with your behavior and knowledge. Facilitating discussions, giving your input and driving decisions in a timely manner is an important part of your work.
We also see that:
- You hold a university degree in the field of software engineering or equivalent
- You have 5-10 years of software development experience in System Software area
- You have strong analytical skills and a structured approach
- You master English fluently, written and spoken, as our business environment is highly international and multi-cultural
- It is considered as a merit if you have worked as a Scrum Master, and have experience in latest technologies/tools used in System Software development
We honestly believe in continuous improvement, and therefore look for someone who strives for personal development and wants to improve our way of working.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
We are collaborating with Nexer Recruit regarding this recruitment. Please contact recruitment consultant Patrik Jensen at email@example.com, or call +46 70 237 57 34 to learn more about the position. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
EMERSON AS AN EMPLOYER
Emerson is a world leader in level measurement, providing a wide range of solutions including radar technology and point-level detection making the world both safer and more sustainable. We strive to help our customers make the right decisions, be smarter and find complete innovative solutions.
You will find us in our modern Innovation center in Mölnlycke, about 10 minutes from Gothenburg city with good commuting possibilities. Here, every employee is within the sphere of a highly developmental and innovative environment where everyone has a clear picture of how to contribute to the success of our company.
Customer focus, engagement and courage permeates our culture. Our working environment is friendly and positive and as part of a global company, with locations all over the world, there are plenty of opportunities for personal development.
We are actively working with gender equality to increase the number of women both working with Emerson and the whole technology industry.
Please visit our webpage https://www.emerson.com/sv-se/careers to find out more about Emerson in Sweden and what we can offer you as an employee.